Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A quote on Love from Erich Fromm...

Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person; it is an attitude, and orientation of character which determines the relatedness of a person to the world as a whole, not toward one "object" of love.  If a person loves only one other person and is indifferent to the rest of his fellow men, his love is not love but a symbiotic attachment, or an enlarged egotism....  ...love is an activity, a power of the soul....  If I truly love one person I love all persons, I love the world, I love life.  If I can say to somebody else, "I love you," I must be able to say, "I love in you everybody, I love through you the world, I love in you also myself."

3 comments:

  1. WOw! me dejaste con la boca abierta! you left me with my mouth wide open..especially in that last sentence about loving oneself! deep, deep, deep! ay lance, lots of love to you and the world! thank you for sharing so much with the world, with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete